Wednesday 29 December 2010

New readers begin here

This is just a brief overview with some more information about me, that was in my previous Readmyday Blog.
I am a Councillor for Bishopsgarth and Elm Tree Ward, along with Cllr Julia Cherrett, on Stockton Council.  I've been first a Liberal and then Liberal Democrat since 1974 and am active in Stockton Liberal Democrats and am President of the North East Region Liberal Democrats.
Married to husband John, who is also a Councillor of Eaglescliffe, and  Parish Councillor here too.
I've a lovely family who live near York.  My son Alex who is married to Sarah, with our grandchildren Jack and Heidi - and yes, they are the best in the world!
I am a member of Egglescliffe Parish Church.  Also I do voluntary advice work with a national organisation and have done so for around 36 years now.
You will read quite a bit about Fairtrade activities.  I am also involved in the John Owens Trophy, and support Justice First.
I am writing a book about Brass Crosby.  Many of the references are on the Readmyday website and will probably be deleted, but there is a link here that gives you research as up to a few years ago.  Briefly Brass Crosby was born in Stockton in 1725, went on to become Lord Mayor of London in 1770, and in 1771 had a battle with Parliament on the right of the press to publish what was said in Parliament.  He was sent to the Tower of London because of his stand - but the result was that ever since, the press have had that freedom.
I don't like technology, I do wish it would do what I want (and this is the second typing of this as the first disappeard), but I try to manage a blog.  I have a not too active facebook page too.
I am Yorkshire born and bred and love the Yorkshire countryside, but Eaglescliffe is now my home and I feel strongly about promoting what a good place to live, work and play it is.
I have a lot of passions and interests - read about it on the blog !

No comments:

Post a Comment