Monday 3 January 2011

Preston Park Progress

The sun peeped through, so time for the first outing of the year, and we went to Preston Park, in Eaglescliffe.  For new readers this is a great park, Council owned near to where we live.  There were proposals to build a school on it at this time last year, and I am proud to say that my 3 Lib Dem Councillors put up a magnificent campaign, amidst the ice and snow, working with many others, to succesfully stop that development.  I still find it difficult to believe that such a ridiculous propsal was ever even thought of, and the MP who put it forward is no longer our MP.
Lots of people were out in the park and I was pleased to see and use the  new path going down to the river.  It has been built at a less steep gradient than the other path, making it more possible for wheelchair and pushchair users, as well as easier for the less fit like myself.
The museum is now closed for refurbishment till February 1st if you were thinking of going, and today, for reasons I don't know, the playground was closed too.
A visit to Peter Barretts for some different bird seed, seed holder, and also a new bird set up for John's Christmas present from me, that he can see from his end of the study window.  I am lucky that I have a huge bird table outside my end of the study - it used to be an apple tree but the finches now eat all the buds !  Off the subject but I was pleased to see that Peter Barratts sell Fairtrade bananas in the fruit and veg outlet they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment