Tuesday 15 March 2011

Focus on the crocus

It is busy and hectic - not retired yet !  however as I am popping here and there dealing with a number of issues in the ward I have a lovely and a pleasant surprise.  A swathe on crocus in an area needing brightening up, and I remembered that it was those planted by Rotary last year as part of their "Focus on the Crocus", which both adds colour to local areas and is part of eradicating polio throughout the world.  Thank you.
this was after my last ever scrutiny committee.  Although I have managed to achieve a number of changes through the scrutiny process it has been a battle.  to put it mildly and obliquely, not everyone is as fully signed up to the scrutiny process as they might be, making the who process a battle rather than a process of getting the best to make the changes for the best possible service to the public.  Avoiding clashes at Cabinet (and elsewhere !) appear to be more important than this, which is sad, and I won't miss these meetngs.  When I have more time, I'll maybe list the successes that I did get through the scruiny process, but the biggest that comes to mind was my determination to have a Voluntary Devcelopment Agency.  They said it couldn't be done, and it has been.  VIVA !

No comments:

Post a Comment