Tuesday 29 March 2011

I listen to a sad story on the doorstep of a family with multiple care needs, and I am upset that they are worried after reading scare stories in the press that they will lose all of their disablity benefits.  I am glad to have the opportunity to explain more about what is actually planned, and suddenly remember I need to be home in time for the phone conference that I have later in the evening with Steve Webb, Pensions Minister, where I am representing the North East Lib Dems.
Home in time, and time to read through the issues.  An excellent confernece, not as long as I would have liked but a chance to hear first hand what is being planned, to be able to put the issues like the one I had met earlier in the evening, and very importantly, hear at first hand just what our Lib Dem Minister has been doing on our behalf.  I am greatly relieved that our Steve Webb still has the same principles, ethics and care that he has always had.  What policies come out in the end may not all be what Lib Dems want, in fact they won't be, we are not in charge.  But we will have definitely made a difference, and the result is not as the lefties are trying to scare people with.

No comments:

Post a Comment