Wednesday 23 February 2011

A new vision for Stockton High Street ?

A very lively councillors briefing indeed as new plans that are "visionary" for Stockton High Stree were explained to us.  I very much want to see the potential of our High Street made the most of - the widest in England (or even the country or the world ?) with real character, some splendid buildings, interesting Wynds, and above all some great people.  To say nothing of the public art installed when I was chair of the public art panel in the early 1990's !
However I have my reservations.  I will resist the tempation to say more till people have the chance to look themselves when the exhibition begins on March 10th (a week later than was said last week) for just 3 weeks.  Anyone would think an election was in the offing!
However whatever the reasons some politicians may have for condemning or promoting, I urge everyone to find out more, and make views known.

No comments:

Post a Comment