Sunday 27 February 2011

PRODUCT PLACEMENT UPSET and New Zealand Garden

I was most annoyed to find that "Product Placement" (where goods can be advertised as part of a TV programme's proceedings - something brought in by last Labour Government) is beginning very soon, maybe tomorrow, with a show called "This Morning" on ITV.  The product - a Nescafe coffee machine.  No mention of it being Fairtrade Coffee - and this is the beginning of Fairtrade fortnight.
I do hope I am wrong and the papers forgot to mention it is Fairtrade - but otherwise - ideas on how to campaign and who to contact ( I'm not a TV watcher, so not used to sending my views in!).
On a different note we were on a visit to Harrogate, and I always delight in seeing the lovely display of crocus on the Stray there.  Not only do they look so good, fresh and inspiring as the beginning of spring - but the rebel in me revels at how they got to be there.  The Council refused permission so some people crept out in the dark and planted them in secret.  Just imagine the furore if the Council now said they had to be removed !


We came across the New Zealand garden in the Valley Gardens.  The country so much in our thoughts right now, has special links I now remember.  Here is some of the interesting artwork in the garden - a Kiwi and Maori Pou.

No comments:

Post a Comment