Monday 9 May 2011

new life begins with a party plan


May 9th
Freedom ! today I am no longer a Councillor, the magic hour was one minute past midnight this morning.  I could have done without having to get up at 7 to finalise getting the computer sorted in time, but at least the council IT system going on and off with no idea when it is on again is not going to mess up any more weekends in my life.
So in the afternoon I set off on the bus to a meeting about my voluntary work.  Time to take the bus.  Time to concentrate on something I need to and want to.  Time to cook an evening meal.  YES.
The planning has started for an idea I had before the elections, that it would be good if retiring Councillors gave a “Thank You” reception for Council workers who we had worked with and helped and supported us over the years.  Not as easy as I thought as our Council phones and e-mail were no longer working so how to contact ?  Always the detective, work has started on it though, and arrangements being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment