Tuesday 3 May 2011

Non stop !

No time to write – non stop campaigning.  Knocking on doors, organising letters and leaflets, and getting everything ready for polling day.  The very best thing about elections is meeting so many people, ranging from those I’ve known for 30 years to those I have never met before.  If my joints would let me, I could spend much more time on doorsteps, and grateful for such a good and welcoming reception, and all the nice things that people have said about the work done.  Always an exception to the rule though.  One man in a street I won’t name was rather rude about “all politicians in it for themselves” and citing expense scandals.  I made my points and left.  Half an hour later, in a different road, the same man drew up in a car, he had been driving round looking for me to apologise, saying he was extremely sorry as he did know the work that we did locally.  Could I forgive him ?  Yes, of course I could, and it is good to know that some people do take time to think what they are saying, even if afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment