Monday 18 April 2011

Improving Health ?

Another "last meeting", this being the Health Improvement Partnership, and not only was it my last meeting but the last of this partnership before the new arrangements for the "Health and Wellbeing Board" under the auspices of the Council.  This is part of the new health arrangements, the idea being that Public Health was able to join up better with other Council delivered services.  Very good.  I was under the impression that there would be more democratic input, but from what I saw today, maybe not.  Council Officers - yes.  Councillors - well !
I put in a plea at this meeting for an issue I have been asking a simple question about for the last 3 years (so nobody can blame the coalition for this one).  There is no arthritis support group in Stockton Borough although there is in other areas.  I had been told about these in some detail by Arthritis Care some 3 years ago, and started asking questions.  I have got exactly nowhere.  But then when did helping people to cope with pain tick any boxes.
Whilst it will be more difficult to try to chase whilst not a Councillor, it is not something I intend dropping, so if anyone reading this is thinking I will be well out of the way after May 5th - there are some issues that will not be dropped till resolved !!

No comments:

Post a Comment