Tuesday 26 April 2011

More doorsteps

Every day is more doorsteps, and although the joints are getting weary it is so good to be out there and meeting people, and listening to what they have to say.  I must say that at the beginning of the campaign I was worried about what sort of reception we would get, but I can count on the fingers of one hand how many people have been unwelcoming.  Today our MEP, Fiona Hall came down to meet people too, and that was a big boost to us, she enjoyed meeting a number of people in Elm Tree, and I hope they found it useful too.
The most difficult thing is people saying "goodbye", as retirement draws nearer.  It can be quite emotional.  Being their councillor has not been a job of work, it has been an extension of myself, and really the ward feels as though it is my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment