Thursday 14 April 2011

So who will work with who to provide the most effective services ?

I was on Look North tonight I heard, the broadcast from when I was in Newcastle last week.  I hope it got some of the right message over - talk about cuts, the TV know how to do that!  I have excelled my own technical lack of skills and found it on i player.  that led me to a link to the Politics Show.  I've listened to the debate with Newcastle politicians, and experienced though I am in listening to other parties, I was quite flabbergasted at what the Labour chap was saying.  The best reason for having a Labour Council was, he said, that a Labour Council could work with other Labour Councils, and you had to be Labour to do that.  WHAT a load of rubbish.  Stockton Council has a coalition cabinet of Labour and Tory, with a Tory leader.  He is managing perfectly well to work on sharing some services with other Labour Councils in the area, particualry Darlington.  And Lib Dems here support moves to cut costs of services and provide them more efficiently.  Is the Newcastle Labour chap saying that further North, Labour will only work with Labour.  Not work with whoever can provide the best service at the best cost to the benefit of the people.  Well that needs to be broadcast wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment